After a number of weeks in lockdown, it was last week announced that restaurants and cafes can open again (until 2200), theaters and museums can open again, and that the public is again welcome at sports events. Number of infections is high and rising, but this is not expected to have major negative consequences for the healthcare system. Let us hope that the positive developments continue.
January has been a busy month in the Dutch healthcare sector. In this update we cover:
- Another Dutch healthcare company sold to private equity. Who will be next?
- Mentaal Beter acquisition gets green light from anti-competition authorities. What will be the impact on the commercial mental healthcare sector?
- Ontzorgd Wonen saga finishes. Will we hear more from the previous owners?
- Commercial mental healthcare provider takes over psychiatric department of regional hospital. Is this a new trend?
- In our snapshot we give an overview of MoleMann Mental Health, a provider of ambulant mental healthcare services